Flour and Pasta
The flour and pasta factory Danubius is located in Novi Sad, in the heart of Vojvodina, at the crossroads of waterway, road and railway traffic. It is more than one hunderd years old, and was established after the First World War in 1918 as a Canned Factory. Today Danubius is the most modern and technologically best equipped factory of flour and pasta in the region.
In 2006, Danubius became a part of Delta Holding, and since then, 12.6 million EUR has been invested in the development of Danubius. In 2018 the Factory celebrated 100 years of existence, a significant jubilee not just for the factory but for the whole industry in Serbia, as there are only few operating factories with a tradition as long as Danubius'.
History of development:
- Founded in 1918 as a Canned Factory
- In 1922 Danubius became the first factory of biscuits and dough
- In 1932 it became the Macaroni and Pasta Factory
- In 1945 Danubius was nationalized and socially owned
- In 1956 Danubius became a part of “Mlinpred”
- In 1974 it started to work independently within “Mlinpek”
- Since 1984 Danubius has been operating as OOUR, RO AIK Novi Sad (Basic Organization of Associated Labor within the Agroindustrial Combine)
- At the beginning of the 1990s, the socially-owned enterprise Danubius was formed. It consisted of Vojvodina mill, bread and pastry company "Hleb" and pasta factory Danubius.
- The bakery sector was separated from the Factory in 1993 and formed a special bakery company "Hleb", while and the mill and pasta factory remained within the company with it's old name – Danubius
- In 1999, Danubius became a joint-stock company for pasta production and the processing and sales of cereals.
- One of the biggest milestones in Danubius' rich history is the day when it became a part of Delta Agrar (2006), whose member it is today.
Product safety policy
Danubius d.o.o. Novi Sad, as a member of Delta Holding, has its daily business operations, aligned with the corporate values.
The safety of food products is ensured by the following of recognized international standards - GFSI (World Food Safety Initiative).
At the very beginning of the production chain, security is acheived by carefully selecting raw materials, suppliers and establishing good partnerships with them.
Investments in technical and technological development and improvement, are made with the goal to constantly increase productivity and profitability.
Danubius' main commitment is the fulfillment of demands for its consumers, by following the consumer satisfaction.
A modern computer-led mill can harvest 300 tons of wheat daily and produce various types of flour for all purpose. The total capacity of silos is 65.000 tons. The pasta factory can produce 15.000 tons of pasta per year.